Feeding God's Children Grant
This grant is intended for members who do not live near their local court, do not have access to court funds, or do not belong to a local court. This grant is not for court officers or agents. If you are a court officer, please refer your request to your local court. If you are an agent, please contact Marketing to help coordinate your event. Court-sponsored events are not eligible to receive grant money. You may partner with the beneficiary of your project (for example, a food bank), but you may not hold your event in conjunction with another fraternal or sponsoring organization. You cannot use this grant to purchase items that will be directly donated (for example, purchasing more canned goods for your food drive to donate to the food pantry).
How does the Feeding God's Children Grant application process work?
- Register your Feeding God's Children event online at least two weeks in advance of your event.
- Apply for the Feeding God's Children Grant online at least two weeks in advance of your event.
- The Fraternal Outreach Team will review your event submission and grant application. A member of the team will contact you regarding your application.
- Host your event regardless of grant approval.
Sample Event Ideas - Eligible for the Grant
- Special communication or event advertising (radio ad, printed invitations, postage etc.)
- Meal pack event (purchasing ingredients that are part of the meal)
- Materials for making tie blankets (fabric or scissors)
- School or church grounds clean-up (mulch or flowers to be planted, a new rake to be used)
- Playing bingo with senior citizens (prizes for winners)
- Cooking a meal at a shelter (the food or kitchen utensils or appliances to cook)
- Baby item collection (a crib to collect the donations, and then donating the crib to the organization or mother in need)
- Birthday party boxes for food pantry (plastic silverware, plates or cake mixes to be included)
Sample Event Ideas - NOT Eligible for the Grant
- Pizza party
- Going to the movies
- A retreat
- Sporting events
- Monetary donations
- Local or Jurisdiction Court trips to museums, restaurants, amusement parks, etc.
Your Feeding God's Children event must be registered online to be considered eligible for the grant. By accepting the approved grant, you acknowledge you will also:
- Complete the Feeding God's Children post-event form.
- Send the Outreach Team at least one photo from your event.
- Submit receipts from the items you purchased using the grant.
- Return the card to the Outreach Team (if there's a balance left).
Failing to follow these steps will result in ineligibility for future grants. (Nobody likes that!)