Canceled: Feed My Starving Children
Please join us on February 9th to pack meals at Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) in Aurora, IL.
We will hand-pack rice, soy, dried vegetables and a nutritionally complete blend of vitamins and minerals into bags which are then sealed, boxed, placed on pallets and shipped to incredible FMSC partners working hard to reach the neediest children around the world.
FMSC is a Christian nonprofit and is dedicated to seeing every child whole in body and spirit. FMSC works with food distribution partners that stay with communities for the long haul, empowering them to move from relief to development.
To register, please click on the link below.
555 Exchange Court
Aurora, IL 60504
The minimum age for volunteering is 5 years old. FMSC requires the following adult to child ratios.
Grade K-2: 1 child to 1 adult
Grade 3-6: 3 children to 1 adult
Grade 7-12: 4 children to 1 adult
(Everyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult)
Please review Full FMSC COVID Safety Measures below.
If you are experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19, have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, or if you/anyone household is awaiting COVID test results please stay home.
- Per CDC guidelines, masks are strongly encouraged for all staff and volunteers regardless of vaccination status. FMSC will not request proof of vaccination status and trusts our volunteers and staff alike to make decisions that will best support the health and safety of its staff and volunteers alike. Masking policies are subject to change as required by local regulations. Please note:
- Based on the executive order for Dallas County effective 8/12/2021, all volunteers and employees at our Richardson, TX site will be required to wear facemasks regardless of vaccination status.
- Based on the statewide mandate for Illinois effective 8/30/2021, all volunteers and employees at our Illinois sites will be required to wear facemasks regardless of vaccination status.
- Please note that acceptable masks include multi-layer cloth, non-medical disposable, or N95. All masks must fit snugly and completely cover your nose and mouth.
- Please note that plastic face shields worn alone, neck gaiters, and bandanas are not acceptable. A mask with a face shield is acceptable.
- All volunteers will go through a verbal symptom screening.
- Symptom screening will require all volunteers answering “No” to the following questions
- Are you currently experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19?
- Within the past 14 days, have you been in close contact* with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 or anyone who has symptoms consistent with COVID-19? *Close contact: Being within 6 feet or less of an infected individual for a cumulative period of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period
- Are you isolating or quarantining because you may have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 or are worried that you may have COVID-19?
- Are you awaiting COVID-19 test results?
Information for Groups
- Volunteer capacity is currently limited in order to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- Groups will be socially distanced from other groups, but will not be socially distanced within groups.
- Depending on group size, your group may be split into subgroups. Subgroups will be socially distanced from each other, but we will do our best to keep their packing stations as close to each other as possible.
- If you or anyone in your group develops symptoms while packing, you and your entire group will be asked to leave immediately.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in and shop FMSC MarketPlace™. If there is a line at the door, please wait until those in line have entered the building to help respect social distancing requirements.
- The packing setup has been changed to accommodate social distancing.
- Please be aware of local government restrictions for your area, especially pertaining to travel.