Can the death benefit of my policy be advanced if I am diagnosed as terminally ill?
If you are diagnosed with a terminal illness, you can access up to 50% of the death benefit amount in advance. Subject to terms and conditions.
What is the Fraternal Legacy Rider?
The Fraternal Legacy Rider (FLR) is a rider that can be added to certain life insurance policies. When you purchase a COF life insurance policy with a death benefit of $50,000 or more, you can add the FLR to your policy. It provides an additional five percent death benefit to a Catholic organization of your choice at no additional cost to you. The rider's flexibility allows you to name multiple charitable beneficiaries. For more information, visit this page!
How do I make a death claim?
Call the Home Office at 800-552-0145 and ask for the Claims Department.
Please have the following information available when you call:
- Insured's name and date of death
- Certificate or policy number
- Contact person's information, including phone number and address
Once you provide this information, we will mail the claimant forms to the policy's beneficiary(ies) that we have on file.
The information the beneficiary returns to the Home Office must include:
- Completed claimant forms (completed by each beneficiary)
- Certified copy of the Insured's death certificate
- Original policy or contract, if available