Call the Home Office at 800-552-0145 and ask for the Claims Department.
Please have the following information available when you call:
- Insured's name and date of death
- Certificate or policy number
- Contact person's information, including phone number and address
Once you provide this information, we will mail the claimant forms to the policy's beneficiary(ies) that we have on file.
The information the beneficiary returns to the Home Office must include:
- Completed claimant forms (completed by each beneficiary)
- Certified copy of the Insured's death certificate
- Original policy or contract, if available
Cash value (also known as the cash surrender value) is the cash amount offered to the policy owner upon cancellation of the policy. Any outstanding loans or unpaid premium will be deducted from the cash value before the policy is cancelled.
The death benefit is the amount paid to the beneficiaries upon the death of the insured.